Customer Onboarding Specialist
We have an exciting opportunity for an Onboarding Specialist that is considered to be the first ingredient in our recipe for customer success.
If you are someone who enjoys client interaction, problem solving, is self-motivated, and thrives in a fast-paced environment will do well in this position. Our most successful employees are deadline-driven, agile, and work well as a team player or independently. This role requires a strong ability to prioritize, a high-level of communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively given minimal direction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and tweak playbooks to improve effectiveness of onboarding program.
- Contribute to the team up skilling as well as defining and documenting best practices for the role.
- Manage multiple customer stakeholders throughout the onboarding lifecycle and effectively engaging decision makers.
- Customize a project plan for each customer to use throughout onboarding as well as roadmap out 6 months post onboarding.
- Engage customers through regular strategic calls and emails to drive attainment of objectives.
- Ensure all customers complete the required technical setup efficiently and in a timely manner. Be able to address common API, integrations and data modeling questions.
- Train and educate customers on best practices to effectively utilize HubSpot tools.
- Strategize and launch growth oriented campaigns with your customers.
- Independently identify and work towards your skill gaps using internal resources.
- Create and implement solutions by developing and continuously refine the core onboarding methodology.
Experience and qualifications
- A personal investment in helping customers succeed
- Experience working with Enterprise customers
- A proven track record of measurably impacting your customers’ results with HubSpot
- Experience with creative problem solving and change management
- Experience with cross-team customer advocacy and collaboration
- An ability to autonomously detect and remediate risk